Monday, July 18, 2011

deviantArtist and Proud!

When I started out networking on the internet there weren't many Social Networks available. I stil remember when HI5 debuted and it was a huge hype, but it wasn't more than a "friend collector" exhibiting how many connections you had but the interaction was very limited and the UI was very dull and not very intuitive. I deleted my account not so long ago btw as it became obsolete (laughs).

As a Graphic Designer I became aware of deviantArt, a site that allowed you to show your artwork, had dedicated chat rooms, community forums… All related to the OnLine artistic Community and had regular UI and Code updates, was in fact one of the first Social Networks working properly on the Web.

Let me add that I made a few good friends in there, I still use that account and it's constantly being updated and adjusting to the newer wave of Social Networks such as Facebook and Twitter. It's an specific audience targeting Social Network, but still very pleasant to be part of it and interact with other Graphic Designers, Photographers and Illustrators around the Globe.

No comments:

Post a Comment